Sunday, January 2, 2011

new twist on pot of beans

don't know if this is new for others......... but frist time I came accrossed it!  And the family approved!     Bean cornbread cassarole  ok now for my adjustments, forgot the garlic powder it was great though, skipped the kidney. I guess on the amount of pinto/white beans that I had pre cooked. I had a contianer the size of a square baking pan full.  It worked just fine! Tomato sauce I had some home made spaghetti sacue left over so I used that. LOL had chili powder black pepper and perpared mustard. might of added a bit more as it fell in there! no hot sauce so I used 1/8 teaspoon red pepper.
had ap flour but from the recipe I could see it would be the same as self rising (baking powder/salt) so I  had some of sr flour that needed used up. sugar I added a little more (kids like that part) helps get the food down you know-mary popins I beleive said that. used powdered milk and didn't have cream stlye corn so I just use whole kerrnel corn.  well the two hours or MORE part... would be right in for this reason I made the beans up cooked for 45 min. poured the cornbread mix ontop and went to church had hubby turn it on and two hours the middle was still not cooked so we ate around it and am letting that cook.  They boys actually at it better than just plain beans and cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment